Doing a workout routine at home is the best way to start exercising. If you have led a sedentary life, a gentle full-body routine will help you work your whole body in a balanced way. Or combine on different days a home workout for each specific area of the body. At first, this routine will be shorter and with fewer repetitions. And as you gain in physical form you will be able to expand it. In intensity and in time. Discover the exercise routine at home that will help you gain shape and start to feel good about your body while also improving your health.
Pre-Considerations for a Beginner Home Exercise Routine
- Don’t stick to a beginner home workout routine that works the same body part two days in a row. Rest is key to muscle recovery and the most effective training.
- Control your pulsations. Especially if you start from a sedentary lifestyle.
- The exercise routine at home should cost you effort. But start by making the program short and increase in intensity week by week. After the first weeks, double the series of each exercise. And weeks later you can do three sets of each.
- Remember that warming up before doing a routine at home is essential to avoid injury.
- Adequately hydrate your body. In addition to losing fluid, you will lose mineral salts and electrolytes. So take the right amount to offset your loss. During and after training
- For a few seconds between sets of exercises or when switching from one exercise to another. It is not harmful, on the contrary.
One Week Beginner Home Workout Routine
Monday or first day, lower body
Start warming up. To do this, do a minute of light running on the spot followed by 40 seconds of rest and 5 knee jumps. Rest 15 seconds. And do another minute of smooth running on the site.
It is time to start the exercise routine at home. Begin skipping for 1 minute. Rest another minute and jump one more minute.
After another minute of rest, it is time for a minute of intense running on the site. Rest again for a minute, repeat another minute of running, and rest for one more minute.
Do a series of 10 squats. And 3 minutes of pedaling in the air, lying down. If you have a stationary or spinning bike at home, you can use it instead of pedaling in the air.
Tuesday or second day, upper body
Before your home exercise routine, warm-up. To do this, do a minute of gentle running on the site, another of jumping jacks, and 5 explosive squats. Between the different types of exercises, rest for 20 seconds.
Start your routine at home to work on your upper body. Do 15 push-ups. Rest for a minute. Using dumbbells, perform a series of 15-lift dumbbell curls with each arm. Rest another minute. Do 10 crunches. Rest for a minute. And do 10 pull-ups.
Wednesday or 3rd day, lower body
Do the same warm-up as for Monday’s home workout routine.
Again on the third day, it is time to work the lower body. Do squats and rest for a minute. Then do 15 burpees and rest for another minute. Do one minute of isometric squats and rest for the same amount of time. Execute 15 mountain climbers. Run 40 seconds at high intensity on the site and rest at the same time. And finish the routine with a series of 15 crunches.
Thursday or fourth day, upper body
Run the warm-up as directed for the second day.
Do 5 kettlebell twists. After forty seconds of stopping, do 10 dumbbell bicep curls. Rest for a minute. Perform a series of 10 bicep hammers, stopping for 1 minute. Perform 10 lateral raises and rest for a minute. And do 10 dumbbell shoulder presses in a row.
Friday or fifth day, rest with active recovery
After the routine at home the day before, the rest day arrives. This day does not do any exercise routine at home. But an active recovery is. This is a very gentle routine, similar to a long warm-up.
To do this, perform 2 minutes of smooth running on the site, for one minute and continue with smooth running on-site for two more minutes. Do a minute on your knees to your chest. Rest one minute and repeat resting another minute. And do 8 explosive push-ups.
Saturday or sixth day, full-body routine at home
It starts warming up again. The best thing is to repeat the warm-up of the first day but now adding 5 explosive squats.
The fifth day of the home exercise routine is more complete. Includes exercises to work the lower body and exercises for the upper body. Get a minute of intense running on the site. Rest for a minute. Do 2 sets of 1-minute rope jumps at medium intensity, each followed by 40 seconds of rest. Do 10 dumbbell curls after the break. For one minute and do 15 push-ups. Rest one more minute. Do 5 kettlebell lifts. And 5 Russian squats with each leg
Sunday or seventh day, active recovery
Do the same home workout routine as the day before for active recovery.
As you can see, this home exercise routine consists of four different parts.
- The one corresponding to days 1 and 3 is a routine to work the lower body.
- On days 2 and 4 the upper body is worked.
- Day 6 corresponds to a full-body routine at home.
- Days 5 and 7 are dedicated to active recovery.
Break out of a sedentary lifestyle and start getting into shape with this week-long beginner’s home workout routine. In a few weeks, you will begin to notice the results and you will be able to increase this in intensity and time to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.