First of all, you have to know why a body needs to improve its resistance and you must know that it is very necessary to keep the heart and lungs healthy. Athletes know well that exercise not only improves physical fitness but also accompanies a strengthening of the organs, as long as the sport is carried out they are responsible and without force. And Exercise to improve endurance are essential.
A person who has good endurance will endure a routine of activities much longer without getting tired or fatigued. Therefore, you can spend more time on physical movement, without it being exhausting. Getting to improve resistance, yes, requires perseverance, as to achieve any challenge that you set yourself in life.
What is resistance training for?
Training experts say that for those whose sport is based on improving endurance if, for some reason, they have to stop training for a season, their fitness will remain good for several weeks and even up to two months. People who focus their exercise on gaining strength, lose their physical shape earlier, in the event of a break.
And it is that having resistance is very healthy. Well-trained people can do more physical activity in a day without getting tired. And we are not talking about sports, but also about carrying out the necessary routines (work, family, leisure …) and not feeling exhausted at the end of the day. In addition, with resistance, it is much easier to maintain the necessary level of intensity during sports or physical activity.
Regarding the body and organs, experts have found that resistance has great health benefits:
- Stronger heart. When a person is physically fit, they get more blood to pump with each beat.
- Greater lung capacity. Activity done to improve endurance strengthens the diaphragm and this, in turn, enlarges the volume of the lung, leading to the ability to receive more oxygen with each breath.
- Reduces cholesterol levels. Many studies have shown that good physical resistance and, therefore, an improvement in the capacity of the lungs means that bad cholesterol is not a problem. “Cardiorespiratory fitness could alter the aging trajectory of lipids and lipoproteins in healthy men,” according to a report published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, which also concluded that men with low cardiorespiratory fitness had a higher risk of developing high cholesterol earlier.
What types of resistance training are there?
In the fitness world, there are two well-differentiated categories. On the one hand, there is aerobic endurance, which means that a person can make a slight or moderate effort for a long time (for people who love cycling, running, or swimming, for example).
On the other hand, what is known as anaerobic resistance defines the ability of a person to make a very intense effort in a short period of time. Very important for weight lifting sports.
Exercises to improve aerobic endurance
Cardio routines are essential for those who want to improve in this aspect. Some of the most useful are:
- Jump rope (choose a quality one so that this complement is a support to your activity and not a nuisance).
- Run (you can do it on the street or at home with a suitable machine).
- Ride a bike.
- Repeat the same movement for a long time. For example, a plank, a squat, and abdominal (in general, lifting your own weight) … you must repeat, slowly if necessary, for several minutes to train resistance.
- Nothing. If you have a pool, the sea, a lake, nearby, swimming will help you greatly to improve your resistance.
- Practice yoga. The breaths and the need to maintain a constant activity make this practice very good for improving physical endurance. You need a comfortable mat and, if you want, also some accessories.
What should you do to improve physical endurance?
In addition to carrying out sports and activities such as those already mentioned in the previous section, to improve physical resistance you have to take into account different aspects when you go to design your exercise and training sessions. In other aspects:
- Start training with a level appropriate to your physical condition. That is, do not start by overstressing your muscles and breathing. Listen to your body and you will see how much it can really resist without overexertion that can be counterproductive.
- Increase the effort as you feel like you can. As you feel that your body gains in resistance, first increase the volume of exercise (the time you spend on this task or the kilometers you do). After this, as you continue to improve, increase the intensity, that is, the speed of the activity.
- Eat a diet rich in carbohydrates. To complement an exercise routine to improve endurance, you need the consumption of carbohydrates. These give energy.
Remember that while you are starting, coaches recommend that the intensity of the activity be slow or moderate. But, as the weeks go by, you should have the ability to combine moderate and even high-intensity workouts.
When you have been training for a long time, you can exercise to improve endurance continuously and with high intensity since your body, heart, and lung will endure much more effort.
Remember how important sport is, not only for your physical appearance but also for your health and well-being. And one of the bases of the exercise resides in the improvement of the resistance. Find the sport that you like the most and start developing your skills.