Training exercises with elastic bands you can make work-intensive and effective at home with an economic element and takes up little space. The elastic bands for training are an ideal complement to sports machines and help you to strengthen the body. You can do a full routine that includes elastic resistance exercises to work your entire body. This way you can strengthen both the lower body and the back and work a wide number of muscle groups.
For a complete and effective rubber band exercise routine, repeat each exercise 10-15 times in a set. Depending on your fitness level and goals, do one, two, or three sets of each exercise. You can also do these exercises within an interval workout.
Remember that it is important to have an elastic of the right quality and size to do different exercises. For those who need to attach the rubber to a fixed point such as a door or window, choose a safe place to do it.
More effective exercises with elastic bands for arms and back
These exercises are the most effective for working the torso, back, and arms with elastic bands.
Row traction with elastic band step by step
- Stand upright with the elastic band attached to a fixed point.
- Holding this in front, perform traction with the arms little by little.
- Maintain the final position for 1 or 2 seconds and return to the starting position at your own pace and not dragged with the rubber band, always controlling the resistance of the arms.
Front deltoid raise with rubber bands
- Hold the elastic band with one foot and hold it with your hands.
- Start by grasping this at the height of the quadriceps and little by little raise it until it exceeds the height of your shoulders.
- Hold the position for two seconds.
- Return to the starting position slowly and in a controlled manner.
Bicep curl with elastic bands
- For the starting position, stand up on the rubber band and with your feet hip-width apart.
- Grab each end of the rubber band with the palm of your hands facing forward, and keep your arms close to your body.
- Bend your elbows at the same time in the same motion you would use to exercise with dumbbells.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Exercises with elastic bands for abs
Working the muscles of this part of the torso with exercises with elastic bands will help you to develop and define the area, optimizing training time.
Exercise for abs with elastic bands
- Anchor the rubber band higher than you where it stays firm. For example, a window.
- Hold the rubber band with both hands and perform a trunk flexion joining the hands to the chest. Remember that you must exercise the work in the abdomen and not with the arms.
- Hold two seconds and go to the start position.
Abdominal and oblique work with rubber
- Anchor the rubber to a secure element at the level of the thorax.
- Get on the skin with a straight back, both legs apart, and elbows extended.
- Perform a spinal rotation keeping the abdomen and obliques straight.
- Come back without getting carried away to the starting position.
Best exercises elastic bands for legs and exercises with elastic bands for buttocks
These exercises with rubber bands for the legs and exercises with rubber bands for buttocks are very effective. Assess your time and fitness to decide if you are able to do two sets of 10 reps of each exercise in your elastic routine. Or if you can reach 3 sets of 15 reps.
- Anchor the rubber to a heavy object and sit in front of it.
- Hold the ends of the rubber with your feet and put it under tension. Bring your knee bent at 90 degrees for the starting position.
- With a controlled movement, extend your legs and bend them again, executing the movement five times in a row.
- Instead of the classic stride, do this with the elastic band, passing it under the front leg and over the shoulders and forward, so that you can hold its ends with your hands.
- With the leg bent, raise the weight of the body and extend the knee.
- Hold the pose for two seconds.
- Flex again to return to the starting position.
Squats with elastic
- Optimize the performance of squats with rubber bands by stepping on the central area of an elastic band with both feet, passing it behind the shoulders, and grasping its ends with the hands, having previously passed it behind the shoulders.
- In each execution of the squat, stretch the rubber and perform the descent with the force of the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes, overcoming the resistance exerted by the rubber.
Side leg raise with elastic band
- Stand up and place a rubber band around your ankles.
- Support your body weight with one leg while the other leg is raised at an angle of about 45 degrees. An exercise consists of 5 repetitions of this movement.
Rear leg raise with elastic band
- Apply the elastic band in the same way as in the previous exercise and adopt the same starting position.
- Execute a similar movement but this time doing the lift backward.
- Lie on a mat on your back, with your legs bent and the soles of your feet on the floor. Wrap the elastic band around your knees.
- Raise the area that goes from the lower back to the knees while continuing to support the upper part of the back on the floor.
- Hold for 5 seconds while slightly spreading your knees out before gently returning to the starting position.
The effectiveness of training with elastics makes it very interesting to perform these exercises with elastic bands in a work routine. Is it demanding? Yes. And it also allows you to achieve results faster than with lighter workouts. Take the test and you will see for yourself.