The ketogenic diet is based on causing the body to enter ketosis without fasting. In this way, ketones are the main fuel in the body. Since ketones are produced by the liver by breaking down fat, it is a quick and effective way to burn fat in the body. If you are looking to lose weight in a healthy way, discover the principles of the ketogenic diet for beginners. Knowing how to start a keto diet will allow you to start it the moment you decide, without further delay. And with effective results from the first days.
Of course, if you are a nursing mother, have diabetes or hypertension, consult your doctor beforehand about the advisability of adopting a ketogenic diet for beginners.
The ketogenic diet for beginners, know its principles
Following a step-by-step ketogenic diet does not require you to have a guide to menus, foods, and daily amounts. First of all, you need to know its fundamental rules. In case you are considering how to start a keto diet, you should know which foods are allowed and which are prohibited.
Of course, it is recommended that when starting a ketogenic diet for beginners you are strict in its compliance to really achieve the achievements you want. Doing it halfway will not do you any good. Combine this with healthy lifestyle habits and exercise for better results in less time.
Key principles for those considering how to start a keto diet
- Knowing the allowed foods, the key to knowing how to start the ketogenic diet. This is mainly based on the consumption of proteins from meat, fish, or seafood and fats of nutritional quality.
- Knowing which are the forbidden foods, essential when considering how to start the ketogenic diet. Starches, cereals, starches, or sugars are not allowed in this diet.
- Carbohydrate intake is limited on a beginner ketogenic diet. It is recommended as an ideal goal that the intake of these does not exceed 20 grams per day. And in no case exceed 50 grams per day.
- About 5% of the energy in the diet should come from carbohydrates.
- Between 15-25% of energy in the keto diet should come from protein.
- 75% of the food intake of the ketogenic diet should come from fats of nutritional quality.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as well as sugar-free diet foods.
- Good fats like olive oil, greasy nuts, or butter are allowed. Avoid consuming margarine.
Following a ketogenic diet should not be extended for life
Always keep in mind that a ketogenic diet for beginners shouldn’t go on for many weeks. It is about adopting this as an impulse so that the body begins to burn fat and lose weight effectively.
But it is not an adequate diet for life. Next, you should adopt a healthy, balanced diet that is appropriate to your caloric expenditure to maintain the results obtained and enjoy a healthy body weight in the long term.
Menus for a ketogenic diet for beginners
If you’re wondering how to follow a ketogenic diet step-by-step, these sample daily menus will help you get started without doing the math. Points 1 to 5 correspond, in this order, to breakfast, mid-morning snack, midday meal, snack, and dinner.
Keto Diet Monday for Beginners
- Unsweetened tea and grilled eggs with ham.
- Half a dozen hazelnuts
- Chicken fillets stuffed with mozzarella and pepper salad dressed with olive oil.
- Infusion without sugar and a handful of raspberries.
- Avocado with salmon.
Tuesday, step-by-step ketogenic diet
- Unsweetened coffee with cream and a handful of walnuts.
- Six strawberries.
- Cucumber salad with smoked salmon. Lamb Chops.
- Infusion without sugar and portion of cream cheese.
- Asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Roasted mackerel.
Ketogenic diet Wednesday
- Infusion without sugar and tortilla with cheese and fresh herbs.
- A handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Creamed spinach. Baked pork belly.
- Natural unsweetened yogurt with a handful of blueberries and six almonds.
- Roast tuna belly with mushrooms.
Keto diet Thursday
- A handful of forest berries with sour cream and flax seeds.
- Half a dozen walnuts and a sugar-free infusion.
- Tomato salad with black olives, mozzarella, and basil. Grilled sardines.
- Infusion without sugar and Greek yogurt without sugar with pistachios.
- Cod omelet. A portion of brie cheese with pink pepper.
Keto Diet Fridays for Beginners
- Boiled eggs with homemade Greek yogurt sauce and fine herbs.
- Infusion without sugar and a handful of hazelnuts.
- Roasted zucchini stuffed with lamb, with cheese and gratin.
- Four strawberries with chia seeds. Coffee without sugar with cream and cinnamon powder.
- Roasted peppers with black olives and fresh roasted or grilled anchovies.
Ketogenic Diet Start Saturday
- Infusion without sugar. Avocado with black and white sesame seeds.
- A handful of roasted peanuts.
- Duck confit with grilled mushrooms.
- Cheese with ham.
- Prawn omelet. Melted goat cheese with thyme, pepper, and rosemary.
Ketogenic diet Sunday step by step
- Coffee without sugar with cream and cinnamon powder. A handful of cashews.
2. Goat cheese with walnuts and half a handful of fresh blueberries.
3. Asparagus sautéed with butter. Chicken breasts with skin stuffed with cheese. bacon and peppers.
4. Unsweetened coffee with mascarpone cheese. Some pine nuts.
5. Salad of an avocado and a tomato with green and black olives. Roast pork loin with lemon and herbs.
As you can see, a ketogenic diet for beginners can be very tasty and easy to follow. If you are considering how to start a keto diet and have doubts, the menus will help you adopt it effectively. Avoid consuming prohibited foods at all costs and, when in doubt, restrict the consumption of fruits. You will start to notice its benefits very soon.